Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12, 2008

Hey All,

By way of brief update Tom is now registered with City of Hope. City of Hope is only about 15 miles east of us. We're very fortunate that there is a world leader in this area of treatment so close to us. Tomorrow we should find out when the consultation will take place. We're still on countdown: about 1 week until they confirm that T-Cell Lymphoma has been ruled out. So, since it's a short update I thought I'd share a funny Gabriel story:

I was cooking in the kitchen and listening to some "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on my IPod (10 points for you if you know that reference) while Tom was trying to watch something on t.v. Gabriel was pestering each of us, trying to get us to do something with him. Tom was getting a little frustrated and Gabriel noticed so the following exchange occurred . . .

Gabriel: Are you mad at me, Daddy?
Tom: No. I love you. You're my favorite son.
Gabriel: (confused look)
Tom: Oh, wait, how many children do I have?
Gabriel: Just one.
Tom: Should I have more?
Gabriel: YEAH, we could get Mommy to grow it for us.

I think that demonstrates why I'm so attached to my boys.

On Sunday we also got a great deal of happiness in watching the Eagles win their second playoff game this season, landing themselves in the NFC Championship game. There's a lot of buzz around them right now and predictions that they will go all the way. I love them more than ever for cheering Tom up.

Best to you all, Barbara

5 comments:

Mrs. Frank said...

Kids have such a knack for challengling literal things ... and then making things lighter :)

Mommy Anderson said...

We've been routing the Eagles on in honor of you and Tom!

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and are praying for you all. Glad you are sharing the details so we can pray specific. Jehova Raffa is the God who heals.


Patti & Kyle Rosburg

Unknown said...

Hi9 Barb - well, I am going to go for the Eagles in honor of the Highland Park DuBranskys. Glad to hear about your connection with City of Hope too.
It's frigging cold in Ottawa - 22 below zero BUT the training is so great - the material, methods and trainers are really exceptional.

keeping you all in my prayers, Kate

The Gisler Family said...

Hi Barbara and Tom. We heard through Robin and Kevin's blog about Tom's health struggles. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nick and Mona Gisler